Industrial PhD scholarship position at Orifarm in cooperation with SDU: The University of Southern Denmark (SDU) and Orifarm invite highly motivated graduates to apply for a 3-year PhD scholarship starting in August 2021 or soon thereafter. The PhD study will be conducted in the Software Engineering Section at the Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Institute (Faculty of Engineering). The title of the project is “Data-driven agent-based simulation for decision support in parallel trading of pharmaceuticals”.
About the project
The project’s main objective is to develop agent-based modelling and simulation software for predicting parallel trading of pharmaceuticals in EU. Orifarm will use the software to simulate and support complex business decisions on buying and selling pharmaceutical products. Orifarm has operated within parallel trading since 1994 and has collected data on price fluctuations, competing products, originator products, generic products, customer behaviour, marketing authorisations, sourcing countries, sales countries, product in stock, product expiry dates, etc. Orifarm wants to make these complex and essential business decisions in a more digitalized and more data-driven manner, leading to faster, less risky, less subjective (person dependent), and more sound decisions.
A rewarding and challenging position in a company with an ambition to reach excellence in cooperation with people who bring in new ideas and perspectives. The candidate will be employed by Orifarm and will at the same time be enrolled as a PhD candidate at SDU – Faculty of Engineering. SDU Software Engineering is a relatively new and growing section, focusing its research on data analytics, modeling and simulation, software design, and software development, providing high-value and people-oriented software for a variety of academic and industrial purposes. We are focusing on building a strong collaborative environment and we are currently expanding with many new positions.
The position is a 3-year Industrial PhD project. The project is funded by Innovation Fund Denmark.
The salary will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
A successful applicant should have:
• MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Informatics or equivalent
• Experience with programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, Python, etc.)
• Experience with modeling, simulation and data analytics
• Genuine interest in doing research and learning new concepts
• Comfortable learning new programming languages if needed
• Strong communication skills
• Comfortable working both independently or within a team
• Interested in longer term commitment in a growing research group
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com no later than June 15, 2021. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The application must be in English and must include:
• Application stating position(s) and reasons for applying. Elaborate how your experience and background fit the corresponding position(s). Please attach your motivated application to “application material” under “Research Plan”
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page, excluding references)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificates/Diplomas (MSc) – Danish or English transcripts
• An official document describing the educational structure and the grading scheme of the awarding universities
• Examples of the most relevant publications (if available) and the applicant’s master thesis
Further information may be obtained from SDU’s Professor Sanja Lazarova-Molnar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Orifarm’s Head of Digital Development Anders Skjoldemose Bech (email@example.com).
Orifarm Group A/S is headquartered in Odense, Denmark and has in total around 1,100 employees in Europe. The company has activities in all European countries with sales offices in 9 sales markets. The biggest sales office outside Denmark is based in Leverkusen, Germany, with approximately 130 employees. Aside from the sales offices Orifarm Group has production (repacking) facilities in Hostivice, The Czech Republic, with around 600 employees. Orifarm is European leader in parallel trading as well as a significant player in the Nordic generics market.
You can read more at: www.orifarm.com